Penn State is committed to developing and sustaining relationships with diverse suppliers. We believe diversity is essential for fostering healthy competition, which in turn enables our employees to obtain the very best goods and services. Read more about Supplier Diversity’s mission, vision, and values.
Qualifications and Certifications
To participate in Penn State's Supplier Diversity Program businesses must submit registration proof as meeting one of the following U.S. Small Business Administration's criteria:
- Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender-Owned
- Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned
The following agencies offer certification, which is required to participate in Penn State's Supplier Diversity Program:
- Pennsylvania Department of General Services (DGS)
- Federal Department of Transportation
- National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC)
- Southeastern PA Transportation Authority (SEPTA)
- Women Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC)
- Pennsylvania Unified Certification Program (PA UCP)
- Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT)
- National Women Business Owners Corporation (NWBOC)
- U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA)
- National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC)
The University may elect to approve additional certifications from other agencies upon review.
Visit the Office of the Physical Plant's contractor diversity site or connect with our liaison.
Vernon L. Davis
Businesses providing goods and services are encouraged to become a Penn State supplier. Approved suppliers are contacted with future opportunities.
Visit our supplier page to learn more about becoming a supplier, shipping and delivery, billing and payment, purchasing terms & conditions, resources, or submitting a support form.
Connect with our diversity manager or buyers for outreach, training, and educational programs. We encourage speaking directly to end users about your goods and services. This allows shoppers to potentially suggest your business on the order requisition to Purchasing.
Duane M. Bullock
Supplier Diversity Manager