Requests for quotes and proposals are sent via our electronic sourcing tool. Invitations to participate will be received from [email protected]
All bids must be submitted through this tool. No responses will be accepted outside of the tool nor after the sourcing event close date and time.
Questions must be submitted electronically in the sourcing tool by the date and time indicated in the Event Summary. Responses will not be provided for questions submitted by alternate methods unless otherwise indicated in the event.
The Department of Purchasing will be the sole contact for the sourcing event. Do not contact any other University employee, representative, or student regarding the sourcing event unless instructed to do so in writing by the designated agent.
Protests: Any actual or prospective proposer may protest the solicitation or award of a contract for violations of Penn State's procurement policies or of laws and regulations governing Penn State's procurement activities. In order to be considered, all protests must be in writing and filed with and received by Penn State, not more than five (5) business days following the date of issuance of Penn State's Notice of Intent to Award with the contact below. Protests received by Penn State after this date will be returned to the sender.
Richard D. Elmore
Director, Procurement Services
The Pennsylvania State University
101 Procurement Services Building
University Park, PA 16802-1004
Failure to timely file the bid protest shall constitute grounds for Penn State to deny the bid protest without further consideration of the grounds stated therein.
Additional Information on the Quote/Proposal Process:
- The University reserves the right to:
- make all decisions regarding a quotation including, without limitation, the right to decide whether a quotation does or does not substantially comply with the requirements set forth;
- accept or reject any or all quotations or any parts thereof;
- waive any informalities.
- Financial Obligation: This Request for Quotation does not create any obligation on the part of the University to enter into any contract or purchase order. Any supplier who expends time or money prior to award does so at the supplier's own risk and expense.
- Environmental Alternatives: The University is committed to environmental stewardship, conserving natural resources and preserving the environment. We encourage suppliers to identify products, services, or processes that promote environmental stewardship. In addition to the requested bid, suppliers are encouraged to offer an additional bid for products, services, or processes that are more environmentally friendly. Such products or services should be bid as an alternate to the requested bid. any exceptions or deviations from the original specifications must be clearly identified. The environmental benefits must be clearly identified with supporting data. Benefits may include: Reduced life cycle costs, reduced energy consumption, recycled content, recyclability, extended product life, and decreased maintenance.
- Background Checks: Please refer to Terms and Conditions.
- ADA Compliance: Please refer to Terms and Conditions.
- Harassment and Discrimination/Social Responsibility: Fulfilling the mission of The Pennsylvania State University for those we serve requires the highest standards of integrity, responsibility, and respect, and we encourage our suppliers to aspire to those same standards, particularly when on campus or engaging with members of the University community. Further, the University is committed to equal access to programs, facilities, admission and employment for all persons, in an environment free of harassment and free of discrimination. The University's standard Terms and Conditions require that vendors do not engage in harassment or discrimination in the university environment as prohibited by University Policies AD85 and AD91, and further require that vendors not discriminate in their own employment practices.
Further, the University has adapted the Global Sullivan Principles of Social Responsibility. We also encourage our suppliers to adopt and follow these principles.