Purchasing Card Processing and Use
Cardholder responsibilities for processing goods include the following:
- Identify a requirement for goods. Lion Marketplace should be used whenever possible in lieu of a Purchasing Card.
- Order the goods from supplier by following these steps:
- Tell the supplier you are purchasing the item for Penn State to obtain discounted pricing when available.
- Inform the supplier Penn State is tax exempt in Pennsylvania.
- Request a receipt.
- Receive the receipts and add the required supplemental information to the Purchasing Card Support Form, if required by your department.
- Submit the support form, if required, and receipts to your delegate or submit the expense report through SAP Concur as soon as possible after the transaction is conducted, but not more than 30 days after the purchase.
Purchasing Card Policy
The Purchasing Card is a convenient and efficient way to purchase goods and services. Learn all about the Purchasing Card – how to get one, how to use it, and what to do if any problems with the card arise.
Prohibited and Conditional Uses
PURCHASING CARD SUPPORT FORM
The Purchasing Card Support Form includes Information such as supplier name, description and purpose of the purchase, and accounts to be charged.
CONTRACT COVER SHEET (PDF)
The Contract Cover Sheet should be sent for P-card payment related contracts to [email protected].
LOST OR UNOBTAINABLE RECEIPTS FORM
The Substantiation for Lost or Unobtainable Receipts Form should be completed and attached in SAP Concur if you are unable to obtain a receipt from the supplier.
BILLING INQUIRY FORM (PDF)
You should complete, sign and return the Purchasing Card Billing Inquiry Form to PNC Bank within 60 days if you believe a transaction on your Purchasing Card is in error. PNC Bank is unable to process disputes that are submitted after 60 days.
EXCEPTION REQUEST FORM (DOC)
The Purchasing Card Exception Request Form should be completed and sent to [email protected] if an exception to pcard policy is needed. Requests may also be completed through SAP Concur.
TAX EXEMPTION FORMS
Tax Exemption Forms should be provided to suppliers to inform them that Penn State is tax exempt in Pennsylvania.
PNC CENTRE SUITE WEBSITE
You may register in Centre Suite to view your Purchasing Card statements. You’ll be asked to enter your activation code, which is your full Penn State ID number.
Amazon Business offers a convenient purchasing option when products are not available through Lion Marketplace.