The Penn State Purchasing Card is a Visa charge card that enables authorized Penn State employees to purchase certain goods and services and travel expenses directly from a supplier. It eliminates the need for additional paperwork (such as purchase orders and invoices) and it can be used for transactions up to a predetermined limit, which varies by employee. Lion Marketplace should be used in lieu of the Purchasing Card whenever possible.
Benefits of the Purchasing Card Program
- Allows for faster payment processing. Suppliers will receive payments within two to three business days.
- Eliminates the need for suppliers to invoice Penn State for purchases.
- Eliminates the need for “past due” notices and follow-up calls.
- Reduces the amount of paperwork needed to process orders.
- Eliminates the need to obtain reimbursement for travel expenses.
To get a Purchasing Card, you must complete the Purchasing Card online tutorial and electronically sign the Purchasing Card agreement.
Learn the steps to necessary for ordering goods and processing purchases.
SAP Concur is the new name for the employee reimbursement system. While you will still use Concur for travel reimbursements, you will also go into Concur to settle all purchasing card transactions – both for travel as well as for goods and services. Requests for purchasing cards or updates to cards will also be done in Concur. Concur is an SAP product so it will be completely integrated with SIMBA.
Find answers to the most frequently asked questions about the Purchasing Card – from how to get your PIN to what to do if your card is lost or stolen.