The Penn State Purchasing Card is a Visa charge card that enables authorized Penn State employees to purchase certain goods and services and travel expenses directly from a supplier. It eliminates the need for additional paperwork (such as purchase orders and invoices)—and it can be used for transactions up to a predetermined limit, which varies by employee.
Benefits of the Purchasing Card Program
- Allows for faster payment processing. Suppliers will receive payments within two to three business days.
- Eliminates the need for suppliers to invoice Penn State for purchases.
- Eliminates the need for “past due” notices and follow-up calls.
- Reduces the amount of paperwork needed to process orders.
- Eliminates the need to obtain reimbursement for travel expenses.
Learn the steps to obtaining a Penn State Purchasing Card.
Read over information on the Purchasing Card and how it works.
There may be restrictions on lodging purchases when using the Purchasing Card.
Frequently Asked Questions relating to the new Chip and Pin cards for 2015.
Access guideline information on Purchasing Card use and handling.
Access policy information on the Purchasing Card.
Take the tutorial as the first steps toward attaining a Purchasing Card.
If you lose your Purchasing Card, report it immediately. Here’s how.