The Penn State Purchasing Card is a Visa charge card that enables authorized Penn State employees to purchase certain goods and services and travel expenses directly from a supplier. It eliminates the need for additional paperwork (such as purchase orders and invoices)—and it can be used for transactions up to a predetermined limit, which varies by employee.
Benefits of the Purchasing Card Program
- Allows for faster payment processing. Suppliers will receive payments within two to three business days.
- Eliminates the need for suppliers to invoice Penn State for purchases.
- Eliminates the need for “past due” notices and follow-up calls.
- Reduces the amount of paperwork needed to process orders.
- Eliminates the need to obtain reimbursement for travel expenses.
Help Line 814-863-6224