Become a Supplier
The Pennsylvania State University has selected PaymentWorks as a tool to manage supplier’s registrations and information.
Suppliers will now have a streamlined process for managing their profile and contact information, securely entering and updating their banking information, selecting their preferred payment method, viewing payment status and history, and updating important documents such as tax, insurance, and other certifications.
PaymentWorks validates supplier’s banking and company information and helps to mitigate risk by assessing if any transaction is potentially fraudulent. In some cases, PaymentWorks will still need to speak with someone listed on the account. In those instances, the supplier may receive a phone call to confirm the necessary data.
All suppliers will eventually need to onboard through PaymentWorks; but any supplier who is already registered in SIMBA today will not have to register in PaymentWorks until they need to make updates to their existing information, or until they receive an invite to onboard from an authorized Penn State contact.
Invitations to register with PaymentWorks can be requested through the Office of Central Procurement, or through the identified point of contact within a delegated authority or central office as listed below. To invite a supplier to register, they will use the link emailed directly from The Pennsylvania State University via PaymentWorks and follow the instructions.
In order for a delegated authority to invite suppliers to register in PaymentWorks the delegate will need the following supplier information:
- Company/Individual Name
- Company/Individual's e-mail address
- Short Description of Goods or Services being provided
|Office of Central Procurement||PSU Suppliers|
|Housing and Food Services (FoodPro)||Anne Albert||Jessica Champagne|
|College of Medicine||Perla Cortes|
|Applied Research Lab||Jackie Bilodeau-Lambert||Jeff Kellogg|
|University Libraries (Acquisitions)||Courtney Dillon||Margaret Beckner|
|OPP Design and Construction (e-Builder)||Michelle McMullen||Jessica Dubler|
|Accounting Operations||Natasha Stover||Andreina Caris|
Additional benefits and details are outlined in our frequently asked questions.
You can find more information about PaymentWorks on their website.
Businesses and individuals interested in providing goods and services to the University should follow the steps below to become a supplier.
New applicants should follow the four steps below to complete the registration process:
Invitations to register with PaymentWorks can be requested through the Office of Central Procurement, or through the identified point of contact within a delegated authority or central office as listed above. To invite a supplier to register, they will use the link emailed directly from The Pennsylvania State University via PaymentWorks and follow the instructions.
You will need to collect the following information to complete the registration process when you receive the invitation.
- A valid tax ID, either an Employer Identification Number (EIN) or Social Security Number (SSN).
- To receive electronic Automated Clearing House (ACH) payments, you will need a copy of a voided check, bank statement, letter on company letterhead, voided deposit slip, or a letter from your bank.
- Foreign Supplier or a non-resident alien performing work inside the US will need to provide a W8BEN or W8BEN-E tax document.
- IRS forms will now be captured through the PaymentWorks registration process.
- Review Supplier Purchasing Terms & Conditions.
- US Entity Registration Guide
- US Individual Registration Guide
- Foreign Entity Registration Guide
- Foreign Individual Registration Guide
- Research Participant Registration Guide
Registration is approved after PaymentWorks and the Supplier Administration Team reviews and verifies the data.
Suppliers will receive an e-mail when the application is approved.
Approved bidders are invited to participate in applicable RFx events.
Guidelines must be followed if a business is awarded a bid. Work should not begin until a business receives a Purchase Order.
Approved suppliers should login to their PaymentWorks profile to update contact information or add bank details.
When any of the following changes occur about your business you will need to revisit your PaymentWorks profile and update it accordingly:
- Organizational information includes company name and associated addresses
- Contact information for key personnel
- Business details including goods/services provided
- Business classification including small and/or diverse business status
- Preferred payment methods
- Bank account information
There is a separate and additional process for caterers, bus charters, and entertainment suppliers to be placed on those Supplier Lists. View these requirements at the following link.