We have high standards—both for the quality of the goods and services we obtain, and for the suppliers we choose to do business with. Our agents adhere to strict laws and University policies, as well as our established Code of Ethics. They search for the best-quality products for the lowest possible price.
Our expectations are high—so you can expect the best from us.
Mission, Vision, and Values
The following mission, vision and values have been developed and adopted by Purchasing Services:
Purchasing Services is dedicated to providing effective means to procure required goods and services for the University in a timely and efficient manner that create maximum value, in accordance with established guidelines; we will coordinate efficient and timely payment to suppliers.
- To achieve excellence in customer service by working actively and consistently to simplify and improve.
- To be on the "cutting edge" of technology positioned to dynamically adapt to changing needs and the environment.
- To communicate our services and capabilities in a highly effective manner.
- To be recognized as a value-added service.
- Ethical, honest, and legal business conduct.
- An environment for teamwork, open communication, and diversity.
- Customer service that exceeds our customer's expectations.
- Highly effective supplier partnerships and alliances.
- A diverse supplier base, creating opportunities for all.
- Maximum value for University expenditures through competition and negotiation.
- Opportunity, encouragement, and recognition for continuous improvement.
Code of Ethics
Penn State Purchasing Services adheres to the National Association of Educational Procurement Code of Ethics to which we subscribe.