Procurement Services performs centralized procure-to-pay operations by providing sound strategic and best-value solutions to purchase goods and services that support the University. They provide central purchasing, vendor management and payments, travel management, and purchasing card support to all campuses. Additionally, the supplier diversity program is managed through Procurement Services and is committed to advancing purchasing opportunities to local and national diverse suppliers.
Mission, Vision, and Values
The following mission, vision and values have been developed and adopted by Purchasing:
The mission of Purchasing is to develop and execute sound business and cost effective Purchasing solutions to enable the teaching, research, and service mission of the University. We accomplish this through outstanding customer service; ensuring compliance with governing policies, regulations and laws; and seeking the best value for the University through open, inclusive, and fair competition conducted under the highest ethical standards.
Provide innovative and professional solutions that exceed customer expectations, provides best value, and is recognized as outstanding by all stakeholders. To achieve excellence in customer service by working actively and consistently to simplify and improve.
- We are accountable and take responsibility for our actions putting our integrity first.
- We provide value to the University in all we do.
- We adapt to and support the changing needs of the University.
- We communicate openly, honestly, and respectfully with each other, with our customers, and with our suppliers.
- We listen to the needs of our customers and offer them our best efforts every time.
- We create collaborative partnerships that are inclusive of all parties to accomplish our shared mission.